Engineer, Plant Operations – Bronx, NY
Our Director, Plant Engineer ensures that all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformity with the organization’s established policies and objectives.
• A creative, comfortable, progressive and fun environment
• 401K match, medical, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance and other benefits
• Ongoing opportunities for development and having a huge impact on the product and the Company
• Generous incentive plans
What we’re looking for
• Serve as the chief engineering function leader and technical expert. Primary equipment includes, but is not limited to: large scale mixers/ bagging and filling machinery, dough lamination, dough processing equipment, boilers, steam kettles, air compressors, electric motors, refrigeration equipment, horizontal flow wrappers, conveyors, VFD’s, PLC’s, palletizing / stretch wrapping machines, packaging machinery , pumps and other food plant related equipment.
• “Subject Matter Expert” and system manager for all equipment and processes.
• Direct the work of maintenance staff and contractors to accomplish objectives.
• Responsible for ensuring the mechanical alignment of equipment and mechanical components.
• Specify replacements parts for assets to improve the reliability of equipment, machinery, and systems.
• Design and maintain all preventive maintenance programs in coordination with maintenance and engineering staff.
• Must have knowledge of implementing and overseeing a preventative and predictive maintenance program.
• Ability to understand equipment functionality, with the knowledge to be key trainer and expert on all equipment.
• Maintain all equipment checklist and logs (electronic/manual) as a part of ongoing PM.
• Follows all OSHA safety rules, GMPs, and all food safety laws and regulations.
• Experience with delivering results and implementing projects simultaneously for multiple production lines and departments.
• Ensures maintenance of equipment, machinery, processes, utilities, building, and grounds by overseeing checklist of tasks as scheduled and outlined on work orders through PM software.
• Multidisciplinary design of food processing and manufacturing systems and processes.
• Manage and resolve issues brought forth by the manufacturing team members.
• Previous experience with managing complexity and rapidly changing strategies.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in safety, quality & productivity.
• Ensuring all engineering projects, initiatives and processes are aligned with the company’s policies and strategic objectives.
• Collaborate with various departments to maintain mechanical integrity of all plant programs.
• Administer all activities and assist in manufacturing of all new products and recommend improvements to existing products.
• Understanding of PLC programming.
• Using continuous improvement /lean manufacturing drive all projects.
• Ability to project manage all ongoing engineering related projects (includes managing of all maintenance and equipment vendors) at food plants and entire facility.
• Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
• Serve as a technical resource for other departments.
• Have knowledge in food plant design/process flow
• Evaluate all production activities and prepare reports for all activities and inspect all associate plant machines and equipment.
• Analyze all equipment requirements and assist in requisition of all tools and equipment.
• Resolve all maintenance issues and recommend improvements to same if required.
• Maintain and review everyday logs and assist to resolve all issues and provide support to all engineering activities and participate in all facilities maintenance meetings.
• Review and recommend improvements of all SOP procedures and perform troubleshoot on all plant activities and resolve all issues and assist facilities manager to implement all changes.
• Validate all systems and prepare the required documents for all installation proves.
• Provide an efficient interface with all automation and validation processes sand provide training to all engineers and mechanics.
• Provide an efficient interface with the engineering department to evaluate all upcoming capital projects and analyze and obtain required feedback for all equipment and layouts.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related field
• Minimum 6 years of career progression including roles as a Production Manager, Plant Operations Manager, or similar in a manufacturing environment;
• 5 years of leadership experience.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, hand sketches, and graphs.
• Advanced electrical/electronic skills (Solid electrical troubleshooting experience, excellent knowledge in control systems, Electric motors, VFD, PLC, HMI, knowledge of N.E.C. for industrial applications)
• Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Proven ability to lead and drive continuous improvement, performance metrics, and lean methodologies
• Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to comprehend and analyze numerical and statistical data to drive operational decision-making
• Ability to think long-term
• Project Management.
• Advance PC proficiency in a Windows environment
• MUST be flexible in hours/days worked – starting early or staying late or on weekends so as not to interrupt Production.