Manager, Business Development
(Food Service) – USA
The Food Service Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing case volume/revenue with existing Food Service customers and acquiring best prospects from a vetted targeted prospects Hunt List. Collaborate with sales agencies/brokers in coordinating sales initiatives with distributors and their customer-end users. Collaborate with distributor sales teams in the development of impactful, innovative programs that successfully penetrate Food Service segments where Golden Krust products can expand its footprint within the Food Service channel. Selectively participate in targeted Food Service Trade Shows that expose/promote Golden Krust products to best prospects for long term partnerships.
What we’re looking for
• Create and execute the business plan through the annual business cycle. Work to maximize the business plan sales and profit aligned with agreed upon business goals
• Conduct market research for lead generation that results in acquisition of new customers
• Manage best prospect activities that drive New Business Hunting model generating incremental case volume/revenue; emerge with the right acquisition strategy that converts targeted prospects to actual Golden Krust Food Service customers
• Develop, foster, and maintain strong customer relationships with existing customers
• Deliver sales presentations to key existing customers (i.e., Frozen Distributor Category Buyers) – and motivate/innovate successful execution of tailored programs/promotions
• Provide Golden Krust product training at the distributor level and among authorized sales agencies/brokers
• Achieve volume targets on new business. Regularly update and communicate progress to management.
• BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required
• Minimum of 3-5 years progressive Food Service sales/account management experience, to include business development; draft terms agreements with existing and targeted prospects; familiar with bidding terms/process with government agencies
• Must demonstrate business development experience in optimizing multiple product categories with targeted prospects and existing customers.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Food Service Business Development Segments (i.e., Hospitality, K-12, Casinos, C-Stores, Distributors, Health Care/Hospitals, Business-Offices/Complexes, Catering, Restaurants, Culinary Management Companies)
• Must be capable of effectively interpreting and using multiple information sources to develop strategy and tactics; create innovative sales programs to drive incremental case volume/revenue
• Proficient in technology tools and applications. (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint). A greater need is the ability to write strategically, creatively; accurately assess business issues/opportunities; draft salient conclusions followed with actionable plans to succeed
• Must be able to establish and maintain strong internal/external working relationships (i.e., Internal: Leadership Teams, Customer Service, New Product Development Teams within Golden Krust; External: Strategic Partners/Customers, Brokers, Sales Agencies)
• Must have experience in trade spending management; proven fiscal responsibility
• Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills