Jr. Accountant (Part-Time) – Bronx,NY
Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery, Inc. is seeking a Junior Accountant to assist in our Finance Department with various projects.
This is a part-time job with approximately 20-30 hours work per week. Work hours are flexible and can be accommodating to your schedule as long as it fits regular office hours. Conducts day to day general ledger accounting tasks including, data entry, reconciliation, journal entry preparation, and assists the departments with special projects as assigned.
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Store Discounts
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
What we’re looking for
This position would be ideal for a Junior or Senior in college, majoring in accounting/finance disciplines.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High-stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Some college courses in accounting and taxation is required.
- Basic understanding and ability to make journal entries.
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts and taxation of corporations.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and bank reconciliations.
- Proficient in MS Office with strong Excel skills; Requires Pivot table and VLOOKUP’s skills
- Detail-oriented and eager to learn.