Maintenance Technician – Bronx, NY
Our Maintenance Technician (Electrical-Electronic-Plc-Mechanical)supports daily plant operations by troubleshooting and repairing a variety of mechanical equipment and machinery in all plant facilities.
Salary: $28.00 to $33.00 /hour
What we’re looking for
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment and machinery and electrical equipment/controllers and piping systems by using hand tools, metalworking equipment, hot work equipment, and multi-meters and interpreting and applying information from operating manuals, maintenance and repair manuals and blueprints.
- (Primary equipment includes, but is not limited to: Large scale Mixers/Reactors, Bagging and Filling machinery, Palletizing / Stretch Wrapping Machines / Packaging Machinery / Pumps / Boiler/) Careful and detailed inspection as part of PM program.
- Perform mechanical alignment of equipment and mechanical components.
- Specify replacement parts for assets to improve the reliability of equipment, machinery, and systems.
- Check equipment performance by manually / automatically operating all plant equipment and controls.
- Maintain equipment, machinery, processes, utilities, building, and grounds by performing a checklist of tasks as scheduled and outlined on computer-generated work orders and identify and document needed repairs and replacements.
- Exhibit PC proficiency in a Windows environment.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, and instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, hand sketches, and graphs.
- Advanced PC proficiency in Windows
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. independently; and up to 100 lbs. With assistance.
- Advance electrical/electronics skills (Solid electrical troubleshooting experience, excellent knowledge in control systems, Electric motors, VFD, PLC, HMI, knowledge of N.E.C. for industrial applications)
- Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment Building Maintenance skills – basic plumbing, painting, etc.
- Forklift or vehicle maintenance skills
- Forklift Operation Proficiency
- Ability to work from heights and confined spaces.
- MUST be flexible in hours/days worked – starting early or staying late or on weekends so as not to interrupt production.