Payroll Coordinator – Bronx,NY
The Payroll Coordinator works under the guidance of and reports directly to the Director, Treasury. This role will be responsible for generating reports, audits of employee changes within the Payroll/HRIS system, performing payroll processing duties including time and attendance, processing of garnishments and levies. Administering all benefit programs for both our salaried and hourly employees. Additionally, this role will collaborate with the HR team.
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
A creative, comfortable, progressive and fun environment
401K match, medical, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance and other benefits
Ongoing opportunities for development and having a huge impact on the product and the Company
What we’re looking for
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of the weekly payroll by utilizing ADP Workforce Now by reviewing timesheets for accuracy, recorded vacation, sick time, etc
- Maintain appropriate payroll records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Coordinate between payroll and human resources, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Communicate payroll changes to Operators, as needed.
- Assist with Health Insurance and other payroll deductions.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal payroll tax laws and wage and hour laws and tips laws.
- Prepare final paychecks and payroll corrections.
- Prepare monthly labor reports
- Provide assistance in the day-to-day Payroll and Benefits activities including responding to employee inquiries in a timely manner
- Work closely with accounting on payroll, workers comp, and 401k audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required
- 2-3 years of payroll experience, preferably with ADP Payroll.
- Must be computer proficient in Excel.
- Must possess excellent communication (both verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Experience with union payrolls and ADP Workforce Now a plus.