Sanitation Supervisor – Bronx, NY
The Sanitation Supervisor will assist the Sanitation Manager in training, job instruction, timekeeping, GMP’s and motivation of the Sanitation Team.
• Direct, motivate, train and instruct Sanitation crew in cleaning equipment and facility.
• Assist in most aspects of a supervisory position including but not limited to: training, disciplining, and rewarding employees; compliance with company policy and state and federal laws and regulation; determine staffing needs for department and schedule workers.
• Promotes and maintains a GMP’s and working environment for employees and establishes strong working relationships with employees through excellent oral and written communications, teamwork and counseling.
• Communicates with other departments about work schedules and expectations.
• Conducts Pre & Post Inspections of entire plant operations
• Conducts safety, sanitation and GMP compliance inspections, maintains sanitation schedule and required quality assurance documentation.
• Reports food safety and quality issues to the QA manager.
• Audits sanitation process to ensure compliance with company and government standards.
• Adapt to and take on additional responsibilities as needed
• Supervise and direct sanitation teams.
• Assign duties, schedule, timekeeping, and train line personnel on their job responsibilities.
• Evaluate line personnel on job ability and assist in complete employee performance evaluations.
• Participate in employee hiring, disciplinary counseling, and terminations.
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
Pay Frequency: Weekly
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
What we’re looking for
Supervisory Experience (1 year)
Sanitation: 2 years (Required)
Manufacturing Experience (Required)
• Must be organized, have excellent communication and motivational skills.
• Must have good computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
• The ability to promote change and a willingness to spend time in the plant with employees during all shifts.
• Must be well versed in State and Federal rules and regulations pertaining to sanitation
• Must understand Allergens and Chemical Mixing
• Must understand and follow all GMP, SQF, HAACP, OSHA, and Food Defense policies.