||Chief Financial Officer
||3958 Park Avenue, Bronx NY , 10457
||Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery, Inc. and Golden Krust Franchising, Inc.
Chief Financial Officer job description:
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the Company in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industries Golden Krust operates.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position acts as the strategic partner to the CEO. The CFO uses the financial statements the Controllers of each business unit produces and uses them to strategically plan future projects and improve profitability and cash flow. Some of the duties within the CFO role include:
- Communication with department supervisors as well as Senior Leadership team.
- Working with multi-discipline teams.
- Review the timely preparation monthly financial statements and financial analysis.
- Managing reporting, productivity and profitability of the Company.
- Managing cash flow and short-term cash flow forecasting.
- Develop economic models utilizing internal rate of return (IRR) calculations and discounted cash flow analysis to support better investment decisions.
- Assess Company performance through benchmarking to competitors, identifying best practices and business process analysis.
- Incorporate treasury capabilities to ensure liquidity and maximize returns on excess cash.
- Supervise Controller, accounting and control, and financial planning and analysis staff.
- Create and ensure implementation of a Golden Krust Finance and Accounting Policies manual that codifies the proper finance and accounting policies and procedures for the Company.
- Develop and ensure adherence to internal controls – the policies and procedures in place to ensure the continued reliability of accounting and financial reporting system.
- Ensure impairment of assets analysis are performed on a periodic basis.
- Develop and ensure adherence to a complete financial calendar, including closing schedules, financial statement, income tax and AOP preparation, and meeting deadlines.
- Develop the annual financial annual operating plan (AOP), monthly financial statement analysis, variance to AOP and prior year analysis and midperiod forecasts as needed.
- Preparation of ad hoc management reports and analysis as requested.
- Oversee internal audit procedures as requested.
- Oversee the review and reconciliation of general ledger accounts and sales tax preparation.
- Ensure proper cutoff procedures are deployed for proper financial statement preparation.
- Working with the external CPA firm on the annual financial audit, as well as tax strategy and compliance, in preparing annual tax documents and providing tax information for preparation of tax returns by the CPA Firm.
- Develop Board and Shareholder meeting material.
- Acquiring and managing bank financing and/or other forms of capital.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Company's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the Company’s operating plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, the Presidents of each division, the Board and other executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the Company by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization (i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and investments).
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs and any banking financial covenants of the Company.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Company may enter.
- Evaluate the finance function’s structure and team, plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group, as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals.
- Financial management
- Business acumen
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical conduct
- Performance management
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Problem solving/analysis
- Strategic thinking
- Technical capacity
What we offer:
- Proven work experience as a Vice President, Finance and/or Controller or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with financial and statistical software.
- Expertise in MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas) and PowerPoint for developing executive presentation.
- Familiarity with finance databases.
- Up-to-date with accounting laws and regulations.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts.
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills.
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information.
- Bachelor of Business Administration and/or Master of Business Administration degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Relevant certification (i.e., CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- A creative, comfortable, progressive and fun environment.
- 401K match, medical, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance and other benefits.
- Ongoing opportunities for development and having a huge impact on the product and the Company.
Interested candidates should submit your resume/CV with a cover letter to:
Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
The Golden Krust® brand came into existence in 1988 at Gunhill Road in the Bronx. Founded by Lowell F. Hawthorne and the Hawthorne family 30 years ago, Golden Krust has grown into an operation spanning over 20,000 retail locations and 120 franchise and corporately owned restaurants, bringing the taste of the Caribbean to adoring customers throughout the United States and Canada.
From its patty and bakery production plant at 3958 Park Avenue, the Golden Krust family of companies’ employees nearly 300 teammates, manufacturers, distributes and manages Jamaican styled patties and bakery products. In addition, Golden Krust is the leading Caribbean restaurant franchise in North America, operating from New York to Florida, from Texas to now Ontario, Canada.
Customers include national supermarket chains, club and dollar stores, many other retail outlets, schools, NYC’s Department of Corrections and Department of Education.
Over 50 million Golden Krust patties are produced and delivered to admiring fans each year.
Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery, Inc. and Golden Krust Franchising, Inc. are equal opportunity employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The Company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.