||Staff Accountant for Corporate Stores
||3958 Park Avenue, Bronx NY , 10457
||Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Job Objectives: Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Restaurant Accountant is responsible for all facets of recording, reporting, analyzing consolidating and reconciling all monies related to corporately owned restaurants.
- Record all financial transactions for corporate restaurants on a timely basis for posting the general ledger.
- Reconcile restaurant bank statements on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, schedules, analysis, and other analysis reports as required.
- Prepare weekly and/or monthly variance analysis reports.
- Prepare audit schedules for annual audits.
- Obtain daily figures and review amounts to compare restaurant performance to prior periods.
- Record financial transactions for all company owned restaurant and generate relevant reports and analysis.
- Recommend and conduct audits of the restaurants when the numbers fall outside of acceptable variance.
- Responsible for the coordination for vendor rebates.
- Monitor and maintain product pricing.
- Forecasting quarterly and annual profits.
- Track and maintain inventory records and control.
- Develop product line variance (PLV) costing system that will compare theoretical cost of sales to actual cost of sales based on the actual product mix of the individual Company restaurant.
- Develop a weekly earned hours paradigm for each Company restaurant based on the actual product mix and approved hours for indirect labor initiatives.
- Spearhead realtime sales and labor reporting directly from the Company restaurants’ point of sale system into home office to provide valuable information remotely.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Prepare monthly financial statements, schedules and related reports by the 5th working day of the following month.
- Create and build an electronic system among all corporate restaurants.
- Bachelor of Business Administration and/or Master of Business Administration degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Proven experience in accounting/finance coursework.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow Statements.
- Expertise in MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas) and PowerPoint for developing executive presentation.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to influence others without formal authority.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills.
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information.
The Golden Krust® brand came into existence in 1988 at Gunhill Road in the Bronx. Founded by Lowell F. Hawthorne and the Hawthorne family 30 years ago, Golden Krust has grown into an operation spanning over 20,000 retail locations and 120 franchise and corporately owned restaurants, bringing the taste of the Caribbean to adoring customers throughout the United States and Canada.
From its patty and bakery production plant at 3958 Park Avenue, the Golden Krust family of companies’ employees nearly 300 teammates, manufacturers, distributes and manages Jamaican styled patties and bakery products. In addition, Golden Krust is the leading Caribbean restaurant franchise in North America, operating from New York to Florida, from Texas to now Ontario, Canada.
Customers include national supermarket chains, club and dollar stores, many other retail outlets, schools, NYC’s Department of Corrections and Department of Education. Over 50 million Golden Krust patties are produced and delivered to admiring fans each year.
Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery, Inc. and Golden Krust Franchising, Inc. are equal opportunity employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The Company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.