|| Executive Chef
||3958 Park Avenue, Bronx NY , 10457
||Reports to: President & CEO (Lowell Hawthorne)
Vice President of Production/Plant
Operations (Haywood Hawthorne)
Job Objectives: Responsible for the Daily
Execution, GK Recipe Standards & Development, Product
Quality, Training and Overall Menu Concepts & Regulatory
• Manage all culinary activities of Retail &
Franchised Stores ensuring menu and recipe guidelines are
• Monitors quality, consistency, preparation, and
presentation of food; conduct daily audits, and sample
menu items accordingly.
• Responsible for training all GK Chefs.
• Trains kitchen personnel in food production
principles and practices. Establishes quality standards
for all menu items and food preparation practices.
• Trains kitchen personnel in sanitation practices
and establishes cleaning schedules, stock rotation
schedules, refrigeration temperature control points and
other sanitary controls.
• Ensures all, HACCP requirements are met and
• Responsible for educating GK Chef’s, Managers,
and Franchisees on food costs analysis, P&L, and
• Work with QC to institute new Quality Control
measures to ensure product is within the predetermined
• Assist with planning, preparations, and execution
of special events and other themed meals.
• Aide in the design of GK’s catering program.
• 5+ years experience with an Expertise in
Caribbean/West Indian Cuisine
• Excellent skills in food knowledge, preparation,
• Proven ability to lead, develop, consult and give
operational direction to a Culinary Team
• Ability to analyze product and work flow kitchens
and recommend process improvements
• Serve Safe Certified
• Proven excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong knowledge of PC software systems
• Frequent travel throughout the NYC/NJ Area,
Florida and Maryland
• Must be available for a flexible schedule
including weekends and holidays
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive
benefits package. For consideration, please forward a
resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applicants that do not meet the
qualifications will not be considered.