||Manager, Cost Management
Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery, Inc. and Golden Krust Franchising, Inc.
The Manager, Cost Management is responsible for directing and developing an appropriate ongoing analytical framework that identifies opportunities, and working with both the manufacturing and restaurant operations teams to improve overall gross profit margins.
The Manager, Cost Management reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer of Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery, Inc. and Golden Krust Franchising, Inc., supporting the lines of business of Retail and Restaurants.
- Planning, analyzing and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, distribution and labor
- Analyzing data collected and recording results.
- Analyzing proposed or actual changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or transportation services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing and distribution costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production and distribution costs
- Presenting results to operations and executive management, identifying areas of opportunities and trends
- Identifying opportunities to better manage commodity costs and implementing such programs, including hedging strategies
- Recording, tracking and analyzing cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Providing estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Maintaining cost accounting system ensuring compliance with US generally accepted accounting principles
- Assisting in month end close of the general ledger
- Conducting physical inventories, establish a perpetual inventory system including a cycle count program
- Reconciling finished goods inventories for Retail division
- Developing analytics to support proper actual and standard costing of each product sold
- Identifying policies and procedures to control product costs and inventory, including proper training programs for operations staff
- Collaborating with operations management within Retail and Restaurants in implementing best practices
- Preparing cost estimates of new or special products for establishing selling prices and production forecasts
- Maintaining responsibility for routine compilation of manufacturing costs for payroll, inventory accountability, distribution of factory labor, verification of actual costs and computation of variances
- Maintaining model responsibility for product line variance and earned labor model for Restaurants division and works closely with restaurant accounting to ensure accurate and timely reporting thereon
- Calculating burden rates and establish expense budgets for manufacturing and indirect departments
- Checking and validating data on labor and materials costs burden and expense items, inventory, and profit and loss adjustments
- Devising, installing or controlling systems for determining unit cost of products or services
- Distributing costs between the various divisions of management and production
- Classifying production costs into wages, material and overhead
- Financial and economic management
- Business acumen
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical conduct
- Performance management
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Problem solving/analysis
- Strategic thinking
- Technical capacity
- Minimum of four to five years of cost accounting in a (lean) manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or accounting. A Master’s degree is a plus
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of economics
- Expertise in MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas) and PowerPoint for developing executive presentation
- Experience using sophisticated enterprise software such as Microsoft Dynamics, HighJump supply chain management software and point of sales systems a plus
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
What we offer
- A creative, comfortable, progressive and fun environment
- Medical, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance, 401K match and other benefits
- Ongoing opportunities for development and having a huge impact on the product and the Company
Interested candidates should submit your resume/CV with a cover letter to:
Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
The Golden Krust® brand came into existence in 1988 at Gun Hill Road in the Bronx. Founded by Lowell F. Hawthorne and the Hawthorne family 30 years ago, Golden Krust has grown into an operation spanning over 20,000 retail locations and 120 franchise and corporately owned restaurants, bringing the taste of the Caribbean to adoring customers throughout the United States and Canada.
From its patty and bakery production plant at 3958 Park Avenue, the Golden Krust family of companies employ nearly 300 teammates that manufacture errand distribute Jamaican styled patties and bakery products. In addition, Golden Krust is the leading Caribbean restaurant franchise in North America, operating from New York to Florida, from Texas to Canada.
Customers include national supermarket chains, club and dollar stores, many other retail outlets, schools, NYC’s Department of Corrections and Department of Education.
Over 50 million Golden Krust patties are produced and delivered to admiring fans each year.
Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery, Inc. and Golden Krust Franchising, Inc. are equal opportunity employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.